Sign the Ban Kanye West from the Grammys Petition Today

« "Who gives a fuck about a goddamn Grammy anyway?" | Main | Which will be the "Jesus Walks" of "Late Registration"? CONTEST »

April 28, 2005

Yeah...I'm Jealous of Kanye West

First off, to all you idiots: The title is sarcasm. Meaning I don't mean it. Get over it.

Why is it that when you point out a man or group's flaws, their mindless dickriders say that you're jealous of them?

Wow, never before have I seen such a great display of someone incredibly jealous and outraged at another man's success.

They try so hard to point out another black man's flaws, when I'm secretly they are dying to emulate his ever changing style and success. This entire website is basically a tribute to Kanye....

yall muhfuckaz r jus jealous kuz tha man made it big n blew up chi town.......well i got 2 wordz 4 u hataz fuck you!!!!!!!!!!

Wake up, bitches. I'm not jealous of his incredible ability to buy some guy's song and pretend it's his own. I'm not jealous at throwing crying fits because I lost the AMA's (the motherfuckin AMA's!) to the beeyotch who sings "Redneck Woman" (motherfuckin "Red Neck Woman!"). Maybe you Kanye dickriders want to throw crying fits on TV over bullshit, be a man of dubious ethics and be an all-around douchebag, but I am content not being that. Get over it, bitches: I'm not jealous of Kanye West. Find another dumb-ass arguement and stop wasting my time.

Posted by dj xplicit at 03:06 PM | Permalink

TrackBack

TrackBack URL for this entry:
http://www.typepad.com/services/trackback/6a00d8341c558f53ef00d83477448969e2

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Yeah...I'm Jealous of Kanye West:

Comments

You might not be jealous but you sure as fuck are confused. You contradict yourself so much, I'm starting to wonder if you do it on purpose as some kind of backwards sarcasm or something. You claim not to be jealous of Kanye West's success....yet you have created an entire website bashing him and the music that despite your best efforts, people buy and enjoy! Get over it man, Kanye made it, and you are obviously fueled by only one of two emotions....Jealousy or some form of admiration that you are afraid to admit. Hate is all that you spew.....jealous, jealous hate. Look at your outrageous claims....Kanye buys his songs! Kanye doesnt rap his own lyrics! Kanye gets mad at a Redneck Woman! Ohhhh fuck, what next man? Get over yourself, and get over the fact that just cause another person has become successful doesnt mean that you need to try to bring them down. You say " Find another dumb-ass arguement and stop wasting my time." You are wasting everyones time with your 5th grade bullshit. You havent made one concrete, solid arguement about why Kanye West is not a credible artist with a lot of talent. All You do is post bullshit that probably comes from the National Star, or US Weekly, the same tabloid magazines that claim Christina Aguilera is sleeping with Madonna on a weekly basis. So stop being a hypocritical bitch, and maybe someone might respect you.....if you could ever come up with a solid arguement. You Bitch. Now go and get your daddy a cold beer and his houseslippers, cause Im going back upstairs to your mother.

Posted by: Drizzle | Apr 28, 2005 6:41:30 PM

> Kanye buys his songs!

this is a matter of fact. this is the original "jesus walks" written and performed by rhymefest a long time ago:
http://207.150.192.12/temp/bobsnews/jesuswalksmetro.wma

> Kanye doesnt rap his own lyrics!

no, in the sense that its not "his own" lyrics. yes it is his voice but not his lyrics.

> Kanye gets mad at a Redneck Woman!

this is a proven fact.
check out this link:
http://www.eonline.com/News/Items/0,1,15346,00.html

"Gretchen Wilson [person who sings redneck woman] won the Best New Artist Award, edging out Maroon 5 and a frustrated Kanye West, who was shut out in the three categories in which he was nominated and told reporters he was 'definitely robbed.'

'I was the best new artist this year, so get that other bull out of here," West said backstage.'"

Posted by: djxplicit | Apr 28, 2005 8:52:22 PM

^all that information can easily be found in several sources on google, including allhiphop.com and vh1.com and the like, so its not like im getting this information from the tabloids only Drizzle can name

Posted by: djxplicit | Apr 28, 2005 8:54:16 PM

I'm not sure if you actually read what i wrote, or if you simply don't understand, but let me try to clarify it for you. When I said "You might not be jealous but you sure as fuck are confused", I thought I was being quite clear. Your arguements hold no actual merit. I'm gonna try to make this as basic as possible, so even someone clearly lacking mental capacity can understand. First off, no reputable news organization or music magazine/website has recognized the widely known rumor (read again, rumor) that Kanye did not write his own songs. Until one does, you can simply cross that off your I Hate Kanye List. It's kind of like if I made a website claiming that Usher was actually a woman. Just because it comes up on google, doesnt mean its true. It's called reliable sources. Secondly, reread your statement in reference to the comment that Kanye doesnt rap his own lyrics!: "no, in the sense that its not "his own" lyrics. yes it is his voice but not his lyrics. Really? Because I think pretty much everyone else begs to differ. No matter how hard you try, you can't make your internet rumors of ghostwriting a reality until they are found to be true. So since Kanye wrote, produced and performed the tracks, Im pretty sure that would make them his own. And lastly, since Gretchen Wilson, a new artist who at the time had a single hit with Redneck Woman on the Billboard Country and Pop music charts, only had that one song and really lacked the merit of other candidates, it is understandable that someone would be upset. Other artists, such as the group Maroon 5 and also Kanye had much better qualifications for the award, ie. numerous Billboard chart songs, better album sales, and much more critical acclaim to their records. I'll quote Kanye in closing: "You have to be confident in yourself. If you aren't confident in yourself, who will be?"

Posted by: Drizzle | Apr 30, 2005 1:22:49 PM

Oh, and just you know I'm not kidding, try something for me. Go to google, and type in "Kanye West Ghostwriting". Guess what comes up. The first four hits, are,...you guessed it! This website! It's a regular damn CNN.com. You stupid fuck.

Posted by: Drizzle | Apr 30, 2005 1:41:15 PM

> First off, no reputable news organization or music magazine/website has recognized the widely known rumor (read again, rumor) that Kanye did not write his own songs

so i guess the official website for the grammy's and kanye west himself are 2 bad sources.

if you looked it up, rhymefest shared the grammy with kanye west. he got "co-writing" credits (using his real name C. Smith, for example here:)

http://grammy.com/awards/grammy/47winners.aspx
Category 34
Best Rap Song
[...]
Jesus Walks
[...]
C. Smith & Kanye West, songwriters

at the very least, you gotta admit kanye didnt write the whole song.

but connect the dots: audio versions of rhymefest performing jesus walks years before, and rhymefest interviews in which he talks about how he is mad at radio stations who wouldnt play his jesus walks until kanye re-did it. guys who knew that song before the kanye west version. its all pretty obvious. at the very, very, very least, rhymefest did the beat and some of the lyrics.

drizzle, it boils down to this: can you respect this guy based on the FACT that his shit is not (or at LEAST not completely) made by him?

and yes, it is fine to be a little disappointed if you got beat by redneck woman, but its another thing entirely to throw a tantrum on national TV over the AMA's (America's Meaningless Awards.)

Posted by: djxplicit | Apr 30, 2005 4:44:57 PM

drizzle, it boils down to this: can you respect this guy based on the FACT that his shit is not (or at LEAST not completely) made by him?

Thank you. Because yes, it does really boil down to that doesn't it? But before I fully explain why I can respect Kanye West, let me give you a little food for thought. What is hip hop music...or no scratch that, all music really about? At its very core, music attempts to provide listeners with things to evoke emotion, or to look at the music as a soundtrack to life. So then, when you try to diss Kanye for the cowritten credits of Jesus Walks, I pose you with this question: Do you think anybody cares that Bob Dylan wrote "All Along the Watchtower" when they hear Jimi Hendrix playing till his fingers bleed, making the song what it is, in all its raw genius? I think not. Just about every artist gets inspiration or writing from other artists...look at Babyface, he has made a career of working for other artists. And everyone knows rappers collaborate and "borrow" about as much as anyone. And to tell me that in todays hip hop industry, you think Kanye is not one of the more original artists, with all the other recycled sounds and rhyme schemes, is ridiculous. So despite the fact that Rhymefest may have created Jesus Walks, it was Kanye who made it his own and sculpted it into the classic record that broke boundaries of todays hip hop. Kanye flows with a style that is both intelligent and funny, poking fun at the very people who doubt and criticize him.
"I was sick about awards, couldn't nobody cure me
Only player that got robbed and kept all his jewlery
Alicia Keys tried talk some sense in em
Thrity minutes later saw his note convincin' em
What mo' could you ask fo'
The international asshole
Who complained about what he is owed
And throw a tantrum like he is three years old
You gotta love it though
Somebody still speak from his soul.."-Kanye, Diamonds
So yes, in answer to your question, I can respect and enjoy Kanye's music, just like I enjoy every other artist who create good music. Im sorry if you differ in opinion. But thats what it boils down to for me.

Posted by: Drizzle | Apr 30, 2005 10:22:01 PM

i personally find it beyond ridiculous to compare jimi hendrix playing guitar to kanye west. kanye west's flow is nothing incredible.

> it was Kanye who made it his own and sculpted it into the classic record that broke boundaries of todays hip hop.

motherfucker, how? i could understand what youre trying to say if we were talking about biz markie or the beastie boys, who really did bring a different style altogether. big daddy kane could say things thru biz, no homo, he couldnt say himself.

but kanye west...

also, notice how "jesus walks" is about kanye west and jesus, not some other dude and jesus. its like writing a song to your girlfriend but having some other random guy write it.

also. kanye goes around saying he's one of the best thats ever done it and his biggest song is written by some other dude? nah man.

i like a few of kanye's songs, no homo, but really...i cant take this man seriously, nhjic. i thought he was nothing great, but when he started doing all this bullshit and when i learned how he gets shit written and produced by someone else...forget about it.

Posted by: djxplicit | Apr 30, 2005 11:18:44 PM

Once again, your ignorance preceeds you, you arrogant fuck.

[also, notice how "jesus walks" is about kanye west and jesus, not some other dude and jesus. its like writing a song to your girlfriend but having some other random guy write it.]

Kind of like how babyface wrote On Bended Knee and I'll make Love to you by Boyz II Men?

[i thought he was nothing great, but when he started doing all this bullshit and when i learned how he gets shit written and produced by someone else...forget about it.]

Every artist gets cowriting and production from someone else you shithead. From Eminem, to Jay-Z to whoever else you masturbate to, they all get produced, use samples, and borrow verses just like the next guy.

How do you get off claiming you are the last word on definitive hip hop knowledge? Cause you don't seem to know shit. You cant even get a grasp of a simple metaphor faggot.

[i personally find it beyond ridiculous to compare jimi hendrix playing guitar to kanye west. kanye west's flow is nothing incredible.]

The comparison was not between Kanyes flow and Hendrix's guitar playing ability. Only a fucking low minded fuckup like yourself would dare to breathe those two in the same light. The comparison was toward use of someone elses lyrics to create a great song. Both did so. RhymeFest didnt do shit with a song....why? Cause he has no flow or presence and just like you, he fuckin sucks.


No one is making the claim that Kanye is the next coming. But evidently, people who actually have jobs reviewing hip hop music think he actually has some skill.
" College Dropout is as explosive, contradictory, and complex as rap music gets." --Dalton Higgins
"Kanye has tremendous charisma, uses constant voice inflictions and has a great combination of humorous and thought-provoking rhymes"-About.com
"West delivers the goods with a disarming mix of confessional honesty and sarcastic humor, earnest idealism and big-pimping materialism"-EW
"Prior to this album, we were more than aware that West's stature as a producer was undeniable; now we know that he's also a remarkably versatile lyricist and a valuable MC."-All Music
"His ace in the hole is his signature cozy sound -- dusty soul samples, gospel hymns, drums that pop as if hit for the very first time."-Rolling Stone

"West is at his best the higher the lyrical stakes get, and the more they contradict hip-hop orthodoxy."-Launch.com

Hey but what would they know right? Don't make me rip off your head and shit down your neck again. You lack the ability to come up with anything fresh. My suggestion is you should find a quiet room, put in the College Dropout, put a pistol in your mouth and pull the trigger. Cause even your mama wishes you had been aborted now that she saw how much of a worthless, unintelligent bitch you have become.

Posted by: Drizzle | May 1, 2005 12:54:17 AM

> Every artist gets cowriting and production from someone else you shithead. From Eminem, to Jay-Z to whoever else you masturbate to, they all get produced, use samples, and borrow verses just like the next guy.

i dont give a fuck. the point is, that eminem wrote his shit. jay-z wrote his shit, aside from a few infamous bites. more than a few, maybe. and its not like i think of him biting dr. dre as a plus. kanye did not write that shit. stop bringing samples and production into this. the only reason i even mention production is to show that it was a FINISHED song BEFORE kanye re-did it.

> RhymeFest didnt do shit with a song....why? Cause he has no flow or presence and just like you, he fuckin sucks.

So...the song you think is CLASSIC is written and produced by someone who SUCKS? man that is just next-level kanye dickridning that I didnt believe was even possible.

Rhymefest's flow > Kanye's flow

Furthermore, he didnt do shit with that song because he lacked major label support. And the major labels are the people who push britney spears music and the like. In short, it has nothing to do with quality.

>No one is making the claim that Kanye is the next coming. But evidently, people who actually have jobs reviewing hip hop music think he actually has some skill.

oh shit! you shouldve quoted all these random rock magazines before! Entretainment Weekly? thats like the fucking hip hop bible! AllMusic.com? Launch.com? Come on, they gave a similar review to like, the latst Ja Rule album.

Posted by: djxplicit | May 1, 2005 2:26:49 AM

Hahaha....I'm glad you couldnt come back on any of the stuff I pointed out. And Im glad that you have turned this into an arguement about Rhymefests ability...when in fact its Kanye we are talking about here. I don't give a fuck about Rhymefest. He wrote the one song. He admits in interviews that it never would of went anywhere without Kanye. Point done. If thats the best you can do, if thats all you can say, then I'd say you have a pretty weak ass case as to why the College Dropout is not one of the best commercially (yes, major label support) released albums of 2004, and Kanye was one of the most unique and talented rappers and producers of the year. Heres a tissue, clean the shit off your face.

Posted by: Drizzle | May 1, 2005 10:45:44 AM

U are such a looser. i've been trying to catch up on your opinions and i think its great you keep saying "we think this and that" when no one agrees with you. Who exactly is your imaginary friend?
So i am assuming your problem with Kanye is that he has a ghostwriter on Jesus walks (as if he invented it or something!)? Also u goin on about Rhymefest not getting enough credit or (i assume royalties). I seem to remember that Jason nevins was a bit pissed off with his cut from (all time classic): It's like that. I'm off to start an anti Run-DMC web page.
Kanye's album is a true classic in a modern industry which seems scared to push boundaries.
History in the making.

Posted by: arthur | May 5, 2005 1:01:31 PM

What about this? Kanye West album is a mainstream difference to what is put out right now by other artist, thus making an audience saturated by Fiddy and crunk music appreciate a change.

Posted by: Noodles | May 9, 2005 9:25:16 AM

Late Registration

July 12th

If u love good music, buy the album.

Posted by: dbaca | May 10, 2005 10:24:19 AM

rhymefest's version is way better.

but how do you know he produced it? didn't the molemen used to do his shit?

Posted by: cousin cole | May 10, 2005 1:29:42 PM

youd have to ask someone else about that whole molemen shit. but thats besides the point

the point is that kanye didnt produce it

Posted by: djxplicit | May 10, 2005 6:05:29 PM

i think that kanye is an absolute ledgend and has done so well in his career so far! it makes me angry and also upsets me to see that you are ''mocking'' him in this way! everything kanye has achieved has been worked at by him to the best of his potential and he deserves lots of respect. some people in this world cannot hold back and let others have their 5 minutes of fame!kanye is very popular and sold many albums and received many grammys so that must mean he is successful! just because you are sad and have nothing better to do then to try and put kanye down! it is very obvious you are jelous of him, and if u have an opinion on him i think it is better that you kept it to yourself because nobody agrees with you so you are just wasting your time you really need to get a life sorted for yourself instead of trying to fuck up other peoples!

Posted by: katie | May 12, 2005 7:46:46 PM

Katie, women's opinion on hip hop = does not matter.

Posted by: Noodles | May 13, 2005 10:10:18 AM

> i think that kanye is an absolute ledgend

LOL. no

> ''mocking'' him in this way

No need for quotes there.

> their 5 minutes of fame!

it's "15 minutes of fame"

> kanye is very popular and sold many albums and received many grammys so that must mean he is successful!

you can make the same arguement about elton john, boy george, or britney spears. think about that.

> jelous

"jealous" is what you mean

> because nobody agrees with u

sorry, but look through all the posts and you'll find alot of people agree. shit, these posts are written by 4 different people.

in the end, Katie, you're wrong, i'm right. end of story.

Posted by: djxplicit | May 13, 2005 4:06:54 PM

U wish U were right...

>arguement

actually, its ARGUMENT

Posted by: dbaca | May 14, 2005 7:59:41 PM

argument is what you mean

Posted by: dbaca | May 14, 2005 8:00:59 PM

wow, i put an extra "e."

clearly that makes some random 12 year old semi-retarded white girl right. someone put me out of my misery.

Posted by: djxplicit | May 14, 2005 10:09:51 PM

sorry, but everyone makes mistakes!

jealous!...... argument......... 15 minutes of fame!what does is it matter?
>>> and i am entitled to my opinion!

Posted by: katie | May 15, 2005 10:31:56 AM

katie: you are entitled to your own opinion, but that doesnt mean its right.

Posted by: djxplicit | May 15, 2005 11:34:14 AM

an opinion is a personal judgement.
So therefore nobodys opinion can be right!
I really dont understand what you have against kanye and why you hate him so much?
He is just an innocent hip hop artist trying to make something of his life.

Posted by: katie | May 15, 2005 4:53:39 PM

Post a comment






Related Posts

Here's the song Rachel Dolezal It It Wu-Tang Clan perform "Ruckus in B Minor Wu-Tang Clan "Necklace Gay fucking song recycler Back to his old tricks? Kanye goes off on Bol (no homo) Kanye West's "Diamonds" video Which will be the "Jesus Walks" of "Late Registration"? CONTEST